Can't believe my dog has just started to rebel - after 6 months - she ate pooh !! How can I stop it

I got Dolly in August - she'd just turned 2. I already had Peaches who is 4. Both are beagles and seem to adore each other . . lately Dolly is rebelling - peed on carpet tonight - ate stuffing out of chair cushion, etc. and ate POOH in the back yard . . . what can I do??

Best Answers

• Sarah LundleySarah Lundley OaklandPosts: 894Member
    Accepted Answer
    Something isn't making her happy. Or she's bored out her mind. Even if she has her buddy to play with, she may not be stimulated enough. Make sure she's getting tons of exercise before you go to work. Beagles need lots of stimulation and if you aren't providing it, she'll find ways of getting it. Destruction of property is usually the first sign of a very bored dog who needs a way of getting out some frustration. Try the exercise and if that doesn't calm her down, then you may need to think about crating her. As for eating the poop, that could be a dietary issue. Find a trainer. Ask your vet for a recommendation. Or a friend. But find one and start working with her asap.
  • Accepted Answer
    I agree completely with the previous poster...Your dog is NOT "rebelling"...The sooner you stop thinking along those lines the faster you will solve YOUR problem! Good luck!
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Dogs don't rebel, sweetie. All dogs have the occasional accident (usually, but not always, due the humans ignoring repeated signals that the dog needs to go out) to and poop eating has several causes. One theory is that dogs eat poop because they are missing something in their diet.