How do I get emoticons to work on my Mac?

NessieNessie Posts: 9,920Member
I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.1 using Safari. I cannot get Dogster emoticons to work. When I drag them over, I just get something that says php something or other. The only emoticons I can use are smiley by typing colondashrightparenthesis or grin by colondashcapitald I can't even make a frownie! I am a very expressive pup, and this is driving me barking mad! BOL! Is there any way to work around this? Html codes?

Best Answers

• Rebecca LandonRebecca Landon Posts: 5,368Member
    Accepted Answer
    I use firefox on my mac and have no problems... Also, I dont know what you mean by dragging them over? Usually if you just click it puts them in what you are typing.
  • Bill ThompsonBill Thompson Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, what you need to do is click the emoticons while you're typing. I'm not sure if there are any HTML codes you can use here. Try looking on http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html for custom emoticons with HTML codes. Good luck, hope you can fix it. If nothing works, try getting Firefox.