How can I take better photos of my black Lab mix with my cameraphone?

NessieNessie Posts: 9,920Member
I take photos of my other dogs with the camera on my cellphone, but it's hard to get a good pic of Sonny Jim. I don't have another camera to use right now. Would it work better under outdoor light or indoor light!? Should I shine a light indoors toward his side? I read about how to take good photos of Big Black Dogs at another site, but it pertained to regular cameras and was very complicated. Sonny is a really handsome guy, and he wants to show off, too!

Best Answers

• Jayj GJayj G BlancoPosts: 1,218Member
    Accepted Answer
    I have a cameraphone, I've never used it for his pics on Dogster, I use my Nikon camera for that. But since you don't have a camera, I've had better success with outdoor pics. I've gotton some fairly good pics of him when he's outside in full sunlight in the late afternoon. Those, on my phone at least, look almost as good as my camera pics. Generally you are not going to get good pics from a phone but if you take it outside, in the sunlight, but taken away from the sun, (Have the dog facing the sunlight but you face the camera away) then that will probably get you the best pic. Good luck!
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    Indoors you can hold a small flashlight on top of the phone this will give him some light on his face when you click it for photo
  • Sabrina WyantSabrina Wyant DallasPosts: 4,435Member
    Accepted Answer
    Photographing black dogs is really difficult. You have to mess with lighting and all of that. In the evening, when it's not dark yet, take some outside. Natural lighting helps you get better pictures.