Hi, I have a Bishon puppy 18 weeks old now, I have found a tic on her belly how can I get rid of it

Best Answers

• Nichole SanfordNichole Sanford ripleyPosts: 647Member
    Accepted Answer
    Pull the tick off and keep it for three days put it on some tape or in a jar. And then put some fleaand tick drops on her from your vet to keep any more flea or ticks from geting on her.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    A lot of people use tweezers to try and pull the tick out when it is still alive. A lot of times, when pulled too quickly the head will remain in the dog. I would first use a flea and tick spray. Saturate a cotton ball until it is dripping wet, hold this on the tick for a bit covering his nasty little body. Wait a couple hours and after the creature dies, then pull him out. I would get your baby on some frontline or something to prevent her from bringing these unwelcome guest to dinner. Good luck to you.
  • vera marinovera marino Posts: 5Member
    Accepted Answer
    Pull it straight out using a twizzer. Thats what I do never had a problem.We live in a wooded area. Get frontline and check her everytime she comes in from outside.
  • Lin ZeeLin Zee WSPosts: 151Member
    Accepted Answer
    Whatever you do, DO NOT agitate the tick. This will cause him to regurgitate his meal into your dog and heighten the risk of your dog contracting a disease the tick may be carrying. Use tweezers as close to the dog as possible, if you are afraid of not getting the head out, or if you pulled the tick out, but didn't get the head, take your Bishon to the vet. Take the tick, too. This way the vet can assess the tick and whether he was carrying disease. Good luck!
  • Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hey, I have a pretty neat thing to share for your Bichon Frise. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-a-tick/
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    Go out and get a pair of tweezers. Go down to the head where it is attached to the skin and make sure you pull all of the tick out, do not leave the head on. If the head breaks off go back and get the rest off. Then you can apply some achol on a cotton swab. If the dog seems sick or sluggish on any way go to the vet the ticks do carry diseases. She should be ok, If you feel you can't do it the vet can. Follow up with Frontline.