What is a good designer dog breed name for a Pitbull and Lab mix????

Kylie DennisKylie Dennis TooelePosts: 1,805Member
I was just wondering what would be a good designer dog breed name for a Pitbull And Lab mix. I have mine in the picture.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    You do realize that a mixed breed dogs can't be a breed no matter what silly name you slap on it right? A mixed breed dog is a mutt...I have nothing against mutts b.t.w....My next dog will be a shelter mutt. ( :
  • caitlin brohmcaitlin brohm AshlandPosts: 1,360Member
    Accepted Answer
    hmm.. pitador labrapit labrabull Cute Dog!!
  • Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hey, I also came from a rescue visiting PetSmart. I'm a wheaten mix. Maybe schnauzer in me as well, but who really knows. So I would just be honest and say lab mix or pit mix. Or mutt is also a great way to go. Unfortunately, some really (icky) people (BYB and Puppy Millers) like to give mutts/mixes "designer" names. But that doesn't make them a "breed" anymore than calling my self a wheanazer (gross right) makes it a breed.
  • Andrea HowellAndrea Howell Hood RiverPosts: 648Member
    Accepted Answer
    Just call him cute and be done with it. Agreed with everyone else- stick whatever sparkly fancy name on the dog you want, in the end its still a mutt. Yorkipoo, Labradoodle, its just the puppy store's way of making money off an otherwise "oops" breeding that happened to turn out not 100% ugly and figured it would be marketable with a fancy name and not just tell the truth and say its a lab and poodle mix. I had a guy come in the other day who when asked what his dog was (who he wanted to breed) said "Well.. hes 1/2 PURE Golden Retriever, and 1/2 PURE Irish Setter!) It took everything in me to not laugh and just want to slap him and tell him thats still a mutt! Im not directing this at you, but more to anyone else who reads this post.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    My first dog was a mutt. Love him with all my heart but he was who he was, a mutt. He was a lab/shepherd cross. You can put a fancy designer name on him such as Gerbrador Sheptriever but it doesn't change the fact that he was a mutt. The designer name for a pitbull/lab cross is Pitrador Bullriever or Pittle. Have a good one.
  • Jayj GJayj G BlancoPosts: 1,218Member
    Accepted Answer
    Make up something cute, like Pit Retriever or Pitador, so people aren't scared by him when you say "Pit Bull mix". I haven't decided yet, but for my Lab/JRT mix I thought of calling him a Labjack, Jackador, or Russell Retriever. Be creative! To all the other posters: I don't think this question is being asked to try to make a mutt a breed or anything like the "designer dog" stuff, merely trying to make up a cute name for a mixed breed.
  • Cathy KochCathy Koch GahannaPosts: 2Member
    Accepted Answer
    Cute dog! My rescue mutt is part terrier, part spaniel (I.m not sure which parts are which) hence the name "sperrier" otherwise known as mommys girl. When I tell people her 'breed', they look at me funny, then they burst out laughing! They are simply, what they are, furbabies or furangels.
  • Allie LumAllie Lum TorontoPosts: 1,587Member
    Accepted Answer
    A mutt.