How do I teach my Toy Poodle agility?

Jessica GardnerJessica Gardner Coastal Plain/PiedmontPosts: 2,868Member
My 9 month old Toy Poodle, Jet is just a hyper ball of energy. I would like to teach him agility because I think it would be a fun, learning experience for both of us. We live in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and I'm trying to find a beginner's class in my area. I also want to know where I could buy some well-priced agility equipment to set up in my medium-sized, fenced-in backyard. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    Accepted Answer
    First things first. Get some basic obedience down pat. Once you get that, try to find a club/group and start with them. You probably won't hit the jumps/poles the first thing. You will want to have some control. Learn some basics. Also, age come into it as well. You want to make sure Jet is done growing, and the agility won't hurt him. Good Luck.
  • John HumphreysJohn Humphreys Posts: 7Member
    Accepted Answer
    Contact your local area kennel club and tell them what you want to do, they are the most helpful, and can offer you lots of advice. Then go for it