my dog specky eats like a tornado!!!!!!!!!!!

my dog specky eats like a tornado only on bones or treats.the other day he was eating a bone really fast and threw up his whole bone.and he can eat a hard hard bone in like 30 seconds why does he chew so fast.he is NOT food aggressive at all.

Best Answers

• Richard AtchesonRichard Atcheson Northern USAPosts: 3,570Member
    Accepted Answer
    What kinds of bones are you giving him? I don't trust any of the consumable chews. The dogs just gnaw them down to a dangerous size too quickly. These problems are the worst with, but not limited to, large, aggressive chewers such as Labs. Dogs do fine without any real bones.
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    You can try to buy a rubber kong, small one, you can stuff them with PB. He might like it. That way he gets his chew on but is safer. It is alot of a dog response to eat as fast as they can, kind of a survival response.
  • Cindy CrerarCindy Crerar Posts: 59Member
    Accepted Answer
    I am curious is Specky had other pets to compete with in his previous home. If so, that may be why he feels the need to inhale his treats. He is worried of competition of some other pet taking his stuff. There is also the possibility that a person, like a child, would tease and take his treats away. I noticed that you did take him from a previous owner. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check out his background. It may be nothing but an anxiety issue due to moving to a new home. I hope things work out for you.