how do i get a new pedigree registration for my cane corso?

My dog mollie is a 2 year old cane corso. her dad had registration papers on her to send off but he never did. now they are a year old. What do I do to get new papers and have her registered to breed?

Best Answers

• Rebecca LandonRebecca Landon Posts: 5,368Member
    Accepted Answer
    Cane Corsos are recognize by the AKC FSS, Foundation Stock Service. As a result, they are not eligible for registration until the breed is further developed. Sorry! Best to spay her, and leave the creation and furthering of the breed to the professionals!
  • Accepted Answer
    There is lots of good advise here: http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding.html
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    The original owners of both sire and dam have to get the registration papers. Both parents have to be registered also. Who ever was the breeder contact them. Or make sure they are registered if you are the owner of both parents. Then contact AKC for the puppy registerations. Or if they are registered with akc already then contact akc on sending you the puppy ones. Also if the pedigree is needed then it is extra, you call or email them. They will give you a paper to fill out and you send in a check for either a 3 or 4 generation pedigreed.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Breeding responsibly takes much time, effort, money, and knowledge. Best make doubly sure that you know the breed, how to develope the breed, all of the necessary *genetic* health testing, and all of the many ethics involved in responsible breeding before just deciding to breed her. Gaining all of the knowledge you'll need will take at the very least two years, and that's if you study very, very, *very* thoroughly during that time. Getting an experienced, and most importantly reputable, mentor will help a ton as well. http://cookiemiller.tripod.com/id17.html cookiemiller.tripod.com Perhaps you already have done all this. If so, I applaude you. However, the fact that you asked this on here leads me to believe that you only have minimal knowledge on responsible breeding. ~Tiffany, breeder-in-training