Do MaltiChin's shed?

My Maltese got pregnant by a MaltiChin by accident (I am too upset to go into details right now) and she whelped 2 puppies the are White and with Black patches. I am not that familiar with the Japanese Chin and I was wondering if any one can help answer my question about shedding? All replys are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best Answers

• Alex KondosAlex Kondos TulsaPosts: 600Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, they probably will shed. Japenese Chins are very big shedders. You may not notice the shedding when they are puppies, but as they grow up and get their adult coat you will. Your dog would probably really appreciate being spayed. That way, she won't have any more accidental litters that upset you so much.
  • Tiffany MitchellTiffany Mitchell IOWAPosts: 6,792Member
    Accepted Answer
    All dogs shed. The thing you have to realize with low shedding breeds is that is often means greater coat care. The hairs that are shed get caught in the coat often. It means daily brushing, and getting groomed 4-6 wks. It's a big commitment. If you don't brush/comb you have a dog that has mats, and those are pretty horrible to have. I have a wheaten terrier mix (one of those dogs "that don't shed") and while she sheds little, I do have coat maintenance everyday. With mutts (Maltese, Japanese chin mix) you never know what you will get coat wise until they are a little older.
  • Jordan SpivaJordan Spiva Los AngelesPosts: 1,367Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes it probably will, and BTW spay your dog