Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.


I was wondering if anyone knows of an pitbull advocate or animal lawyer? Or something in or around S

Shannon HammerelShannon Hammerel Saint Cloud MinnesotaPosts: 2Member
I POSTED A QUESTION A COUPLE DAYS AGO ABOUT MY JACK/PIT MIX. The place I live told me last week we have to get rid of our baby(Harley) we have lived there a year breed waa disclosed at when we looked at our home and befor we signed the lease. We have been paying the monthly pet fee as well. Now she says that it states clearly no pots or pit mix. It does not state this at all.. will some one please give me some advice I only have til Thursday.

Best Answers

  • Carol PodrazaCarol Podraza Round LakePosts: 151Member
    Accepted Answer
    Did you follow through and get all of the codes for the complex? Did you find out of there was a homeowners association or board that perhaps had written guidelines? Do you have the village ordinances? These are all things you will need as well as a copy of your lease signed by both you and your landlord showing it says nothing about dogs. You will also need documentation that you having been paying the pet fee. Contact the local HUD office in St Cloud for information as well.You only have until Thrusday to do what? Have you been served with paperwork? No one can make you do anything without a court order. Especially if your lease allows pets but does not list a specific breed you can or cannot have. You cannot just be evicted without a court order and a landlord cannot simply make you put an animal out without going through proper procedures. As I said before - gather all of this documentation, proof of payments, your lease and get to the local HUD office. Thats where you start.
  • Liz HardersenLiz Hardersen GranbyPosts: 5,862Member
    Accepted Answer
    If you have a copy of your lease and it does not prohibit Pits or Mixes, then they are in the wrong. Make a copy of the lease and send it to the landlord. They can't evict you or force you to get rid of Harley if it's not in the lease. If the Mobile Home Park has changed rules since you signed the lease, Harley is "grandfathered" in - they can't kick him out now unless he becomes a problem. But you can't get another Pit or Pit mix in the future. This isn't an animal rights issue. It's a tenant's rights issue, subject to the lease agreement. Good luck keep us posted on how it goes.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to the new Dogster Community!

Introduce the community to your pet with our Pet Profiles and discover how to use the new community with our Getting Started pages!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!