how to stop dog feet from smelling like corn chips

I give bell a bath weekly and still her feet smell very bad. please give me ideas on what to do.

Best Answers

• Chelsea SurfusChelsea Surfus Posts: 4Member
    Accepted Answer
    I asked the same thing about my sister. Have you taken her to the Vet? There might be fungal issues there. Have you trimmed the fur between her toes? My parents dog smells like corn chips but I like it better than the poop she could smell like.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    Read this, it should give you some info. http://blogs.dogster.com/vet_blog_information_advice/why-do-my-dogs-feet-smell/ Have a good one.
  • Michelle BradleyMichelle Bradley CaliforniaPosts: 3,684Member
    Accepted Answer
    That's a good link that Deogie gave. Although I agree that low quality dog food is not ideal under any circumstances, we have no idea whether or not the person who asked this question is feeding their dog high quality food or not, or feeding raw or making food at home. How could we know that? And corn chip smelling feet have nothing to do with corn in the diet. It's simply a coincidence that the feet can have a smell we associate with chips.
  • Rebecca LandonRebecca Landon Posts: 5,368Member
    Accepted Answer
    lol Bam-Bam has frito feet... When we were doing his xrays the vet was going nuts smelling his paws because she loves it!!! Considering I don't like fritos, frito feet aren't my thing. And he's on a raw diet, so in his case, I think it's just a case of a big, damp, dark area.
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Diet may be the trouble, but there's also an infection dogs can get reffered to as "frito feet". It comes, I'm told, from not clipping the hair between the toes, which can create a damp environment.
  • Accepted Answer
    Stop smelling his feet! LOL! My dogs are raw fed & still have Frito Feet...I love it though! : )
  • Marie PeppersMarie Peppers the valleyPosts: 1,164Member
    Accepted Answer
    smelly paws; yeast bacteria in canine paws; Try this ; help for dogs with smelly paws: Hope this helps: from - Ask the Pet Nurse- http://en.allexperts.com/q/Ask-Veterinarian-700/2008/7/Dog-paw-odor.htm
  • Accepted Answer
    Ok, so maybe I'm weird, but I LOVE that warm doggie smell! I missed it so much after My Dreamer passed on and now that Kira is here it's such a wonderful cozy smell to wake up to!
  • Sheena HendersonSheena Henderson Posts: 1,181Member
    Accepted Answer
    You can try PAW CREAM from PETfection. check it out on www.myPETfection.com. Your choice of Lavender or Peppermint Scent! Plus if she really does have an infection it will help kill it off.
  • Amity StevensAmity Stevens Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    My little Jack smells just like a bag of fritos even hours after we bathe him! He is on a wheat AND corn free diet and eats a very high quality food, so we have no idea where the smell comes from. Weird,
  • Heather BakerHeather Baker Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    My dog has the same thing... I recently found on line a remedy and can be done weekly or by weekly - clip fur around pads - cut toe nails -fill bathtub with warm water just high enough to cover the dogs feet add 2-4 tablespoons of baking soda and let the dogs fee soak for 5 min -then drain and saturate feet with white vinegar wait 5 min -then bath(with Proseb antiseptic, anti-fugal, antibacterial shampoo for dogs and cats. you get it at the vets) the dog fully paying special attention to his feet with soap then rinse -dry their feet well between pads and toes It will help cut the odor down drastically and can eliminate. This has done wonders for my dog