I have a black female labrador. she has very bad dendruff. and her hairs are falling badly.

Best Answers

• DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Have you had her to the vet? Have you tried giving her a bath with medicated shampoo? Does she have allergies? what kind of food are you feeding her?
  • Jessica GonzalezJessica Gonzalez Marietta, GaPosts: 6Member
    Accepted Answer
    You may want to add in some fish oil to her diet. There are many forms and depending on the form they have instructions on the back of how much to give her. If you have tried this already you may want to take her into the vet to have bloodwork done. It could be a sign that something is imbalanced. I had a dog with hyperthyroid and he had the same issue until he was put on medication. It also could be the food, if it is a low quality diet, she's not getting much nutrients.

Comments

• rebecca raussrebecca rauss Posts: 1Member
    We had a black lab/pit mix who suffered for years with what the vets diagnosed as dermatitis and he took vetalog for most of his life. He literally had no hair on his chest and underside and his skin was scaly and flaky and his hair fell out by the handfuls. After watching an episode of Animal cops and seeing a dog with skin issues just like ours who was diagnosed with thyroid disorder I requested our dog be tested. Indeed he had low thyroid and after being treated his skin became softer and his hair grew back. Most importantly, he was a happier, healthier dog and lived to be 13 y/o. Please consider having your dog tested.