Help! Need to give my unhappy cat a flea bath...

Carrie VCarrie V Posts: 1Member
Help! I need to give my miserable cat (yes, I know that sounds terrible but she was so awesome as a kitten and I got her because she was so friendly and fun, I have no clue what happened, the environment has not changed at all either...) a flea bath but she's nearly impossible to hold. She's only happy when she's completely alone. RARELY does she let anyone touch her, let alone sit near her. She hates any kind of affection (holding especially, though she is occasionally ok with petting, but not for a long period of time). I tried to give her a bath last week and ended up with three huge gauges in each of my hands because she completely freaked out. I couldn't even rinse her completely so I had a half soapy and wet, miserable cat hiding in my living room. I've read the articles on here but don't think the tips will help and short of tying her legs together to keep her from using them - what can I do?? I really don't want more scars or bloodshed...

Comments

• I believe I saw an effective cat bathing method in the thread about "Have you ever tried to give your cat a bath." Try reading that, and see what you find. When you finally find a method that works for you, I recommend using lavender scented soap. I found an online book written by a vet that recommends garlic to keep the fleas away, but garlic is toxic to cats. If for some reason you don't want to use flea soap, a lavender scent may do the job. I don't have any recent experience with this, but I've used it successfully against fleas in the past. However, I believe I'd go with flea soap. You should ask your vet about this. Margret