Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

my dog is groomed every 9 weeks, should I bathe him also?

Best Answers

• DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It would be ok to bath him in between grooming appointments if you think he needs it. I give both mine baths every week in the summer. As long as you use a good dog shampoo, then it would be ok. Good luck!
  • Cindi LeonardCindi Leonard Plantation, Fla.Posts: 1,670Member
    Accepted Answer
    Does he smell? Is he an inside or outside dog? Does he have dry skin? Talk to your groomer and see what they suggest in between visits. Dry or waterless shampoo might work better for your dog than an actual bath. ^_^
  • Mike JacobsenMike Jacobsen Posts: 53Member
    Accepted Answer
    Likely, depends on the breed(s). For many breeds that must be groomed frequently, as per Poodles, the grooming cycle is ever 6-8 weeks with at least one bath in between groomings. Most legitimate breed descriptions will suggest grooming intervals.
  • Maria ElenaMaria Elena Posts: 202Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, you can bath your dog twice a month.

Comments

• michellelovesmichelleloves Posts: 5Member

I bath my dogs every saturday, because after 4 days they already have a awful smell.. Gold medal pet shampoo is the best for far, would highly recommend pet owners to use if you are going to bath ur own pet =)