Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

We are considering using We Move Pets LLC-Has anyone any experience with this company?

Nancy BrookingNancy Brooking bozeman montana/key colony beaPosts: 1Member

Best Answers

• Robyn SparksRobyn Sparks Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, I have used them before and I have a pick up scheduled for another puppy tomorrow. I am a breeder of champion and obedience titled Doberman Pinschers. I will not fly puppies so We Move Pets has been a fabulous service for us.
  • Maria BrennerMaria Brenner AlexandriaPosts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    We used We Move Pets to transport our Cosmo (a 10 yr old yellow lab) from CA to VA. They were absolutely wonderful.
  • Roger MartinezRoger Martinez Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    We had a very bad experience with We Move Pets LLC. Read more here: http://www.wemovepets.org or http://www.wemovepets.info Best, Roger M
  • Shirley ElliottShirley Elliott Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    I know your question was a while ago, but since we have just dealt with WMP in the transport of our small dog, I'd thought I would add my review for future queries. I felt they were unreliable - pick up dates were off a few times, therefore drop off was also affected. We did keep in touch with the driver as much as possible, but to our dismay he was never where we assumed he would be on this journey. Driver did not feed my dog the wet canned food provided even though specific notes were included. Since the driver was the only person to do all the work involved, I'm not sure how much attention is paid to individual animals in terms of walks, feeding etc. The first time (2008) we used WMP there were two people accompanying the animals...this time there was only one so I got the impression that the driver must have been overworked. I will not use them for a 3rd time based on my recent experience.
  • Charlene SmithCharlene Smith Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    I hired WE MOVE PETS, based in Texas to move my cat from Washington DC to Cambridge, MA. I have been having bad astham and feared that I could have an attack if I traveled with my beloved cat in the car. What a big mistake. I signed & paid. They could not give a definite pick up date or time, which seemed strange, but I have never used such a service before. When they arrived the van broke down & my friend spent 2 hours trying to help them. I had already left about an hour before to drive from DC to Boston to try and be there once they arrived with my cat. They never called to say there was a problem, I only found out that night when I called my friend. I then phoned them, they said my cat was boarded - a lie I later found out. The next day I again had to phone them, they said, my cat was being kept in the van - with four other animals including dogs, which obviously raised health concerns about such extended stays under suboptimal conditons - their vans a
  • connie yeagerconnie yeager Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    I just experienced WMP and it was horrible! They promised dates to deliver puppy then said they never told me that? Then driver was never where he was supposed to be and never picked up my dog, I called him to find out when he was going to get the dog and he answered abruptly and hung up. After owner telling us to find someone else she then refunded only 75% of my money and kept the other 25 as a cancelation fee even though she was the one that cancelled. DONT USE THEM!!

Comments

• g smg sm Posts: 1Member
    (Completely not relevant, as it's now 2014. However, I wanted to share my experience.) I would NOT use, nor recommend We Move Pets. They are unresponsive, rude, and lied throughout the entire process. They showed up 2 days late for pick-up, never called to give me update, and showed up 2 days late when dropping off. Thank goodness pet finally arrived. Began legal action... Hire at your own risk. And watch out for that Savannah!!
  • DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! We moved from CA to GA in early July, 2014. We felt it would be safer to transport our 8-year old purebred Golden Retriever by ground instead of plane given the time of year, and unfortunately we were unable to do so ourselves...so we hired We Move Pets to transport him for $1250. We had our regular vet examine him prior to the trip, and he was given a clean bill of health. He was picked him up on Monday, 6/24/14. We never saw our family dog again. On Saturday morning we received a call from the driver that he was taking our dog to an animal hospital (in Ann Arbor, MI) because it appeared he was not doing well. About 45 minutes later, we received another call that our dog had died on the way to the hospital. He was taken to Michigan State University for a necropsy to be performed. The results of the necropsy were inconclusive overall as to true cause, but dehydration & heat exhaustion were noted, along with paper and almond-shaped seeds in his digestion.