The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 107,902Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning all
    So far 10 inches.   We might get a couple more.   Some places have 19 inches and it's still coming.   Not as much wind here either as in some places so we still have power... A lot of places have lost theirs though

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,590Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wavessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Between being a puppy servent I have been working to get the garden clear down done. Still have more to do and its just a slog.. but getting [email protected]_Kramer_etc The Pups are growing but simply exhausting !

@Sandy_Kramer_etc ... Hugsssssssss for Ridge and Bo

Common sense died and no-one told us when the funeral was

@Pippi ... hoping things are going better for you !

@HannaBelle ; ... Hope all went wel at the doctors.. and that the dishwasher is back together !

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• HannaBelleHannaBelle HoustonPosts: 18,183Member ✭✭✭
    Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, the snow can stop now! Glad you didn't lose power.

NerysMom, I can just picture you working out in the garden with 2 little pups and 1 large one running around!  Got my bloodwork results back. All is well for an old lady! The dishwasher got fixed! Allergies really bad here!

Hi Pippi!

xoxo  <3

"Dogs are miracles with paws.” — Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

Morning all.
    Snow has stopped and it's just warm enough to be outside... OMD the snow is perfect for making a snow man... But mom has absolutely no talent for doing such things.. She did make a couple of snow balls to throw for the dogs though,  Duchess was not impressed when she couldn't find them LOL 

After getting everyone tired out.. Mom took them in dried them off, now a quite afternoon, to sit and relax.  

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,210Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your comment about common sense @FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon .
    . . . .
    Glad your family had a fun snow day @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  Guess it would be hard to find a snowball in 10 inches of snow.  hehe.  
    . . . .
    @HannaBelle glad for the good lab results and the dishwasher being fixed.  Yay!  Sorry about the allergies, though. 
    . . . 
    Plumbers worked last Thur and Fri, and this Thur and Fri.  They will be coming back Tuesday.  Don't really think they will get done Tuesday, but paws crossed.  Surely they will finish one day, right?  hehe

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Good morning all
    Snowing again.  Not supposed to amount to much, but still it makes it hard to enjoy if you can't go out to play LOL.   OK so mom doesn't really play  too much, but if she did.

Pippi we really hope the plumbers get things done this week so you can all move back home.   Mom says its's nice to visit places, but home is always more comfy and cozy.

Today mom is thinking she may work on the finances, but that really doesn't sound like fun.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  you can keep your snow there....we don't want it!  :p  Glad you had a quiet afternoon after making snow balls. Working on finances does not sound like fun!

Pippi, surely the plumbers will be done soon! I know ya'll will be glad to get home.

Not much going on here
     xoxo  <3

Morning. Mom and Dad went shopping this morning.. bought some fruits and snack foods.   Looks like it is gonna be stormy on Tuesday so they are planning a do nothing day.   Tomorrow dad has a meet and greet with his new doctor then they will set him up for his sleep study.   Mom says they get one thing sorted out and then something else pops up.  She is thinking it will probably be mid summer before she will be able to truly enjoy retirement BOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Oh no on more snow.  Be glad you are retired so you don't have to get out in it.  Stay safe and warm! 
    . . . 
    Yep, we are more than ready to go home.  We love grandma and pawpaw, and we are so glad they are close and we have had a place to stay, but there really is no place like home.  
    . . . 
    Hope everyone has a great week.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like you are ready for the storms. Is dad having trouble sleeping?  Believe me, things don't really slow down after retirement.  I find myself driving my husband to physical therapy twice a week which was not expected and there are never ending doc and dentist appointments.  :o

Pippi, I agree....no place like home!

Nothing on the calendar for today....yippeeee!

xoxo  <3

Morning all
    Hanna Mom... Dad sleeps a lot better most nights then he did while he was working... He would stress over all the things he had to make sure was done.   Now the only thing he is really stressing over is trying to get is retirement benefits straightened out.   He did all the paperwork he was supposed to. But someone dropped the ball along the line, so things are not going exactly the way it is supposed to.

Looks to be anywhere between 8 and 14 inches of snow in the next 2 days.   Mom is hoping it won't be too too much because we have one neighbor who keeps plowing their snow into our yard.  Sigh some people are just so inconsiderate.. 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Grr about the neighbor @Sandy_Kramer_etc .  We used to have a very frustrating neighbor.  So glad that they are gone and we have wonderful neighbors now.  Hope you won't get as much snow as they are calling for.  
    . . . 
    @HannaBelle appointments can sure eat up a lot of time, can't they?  Mom has been spending a lot of time sitting around at doctor's offices with her uncle.  Feel for him.  I know he has to be so worn out by the time the end of the week comes.  

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,590Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wavessssssssssssssss ..........

Hanna .. glad the dishwasher was fixed and sorry for the allergies. So glad the Dr checkup was good.

Pippi.. wishing you can go home SOON !

Sandy.. hoping the snow is less. re"retirement".. actually takes about 18mths for a new pattern to settle.. but it does happen !

Hugssssssssssssssss for all............

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  has dad tried melatonin? Oh no....more snow. What rude neighbors.

Pippi, we have great neighbors here. It's like a senior citizen community since we all have been here since our kids were little. Those doc appointments do wear one out. I'm in a rush to take my husband to physical therapy.

NerysMom,  I bet it's so busy over there with all the pups. Hope they are doing well and things are settling into a routine.

xoxo  <3

Good Afternoon.

Well the more mom wishes for the storm to not be bad the higher the amounts they predict... Good dawg they are saying up to 2 ft.   Mom has decided to stop wishing and just embrace the snow which is coming down hard.  The bad neighbor with the plow just left.   probably to get gas for his truck.  (*sigh*).  Guess we will see what they do with the snow.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, it's hard to believe you are getting so much snow.  At least you still have electricity. I think you  need an extra dose of chocolate!  :)

Hi Pippi, NerysMom

Nothing on the calendar for today.....yaay!

xoxo  <3

2 feet?!!  Was that the final total?  I think we are getting some warmer weather here tomorrow.  Wish I could send some your way.  
    . . . .
    There may be an end in sight with the plumbing.  Keep your fingers crossed they are finished by Friday.  

Hi all

Pippi....WooHoo the plumbing saga is about to come to an end! We must celebrate!

SlinkySandyMom, hope your not snowed in over there!

NerysMom, hope all is well!

xoxo  <3

Good morning all
    We have a grand total 20 inches... Oh so pretty yet oh so much of a mess. We have 4 foot snow banks along the front of the house... DAD is gonna have to shovel a trail before we get any fuel oil deliveries.    Good news is we will have nice weather this weekend.  Bad news more snow next week.   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hugsssssssssssssssssss

I so hope its all coming good Pippi !

SlinkySandy... yes.. 3-10 mgs of melatonin (saved my life after my heart attack.... isnt addictive or accumulative or a 'sleeper") . I take 9mgs... I also take L-Theanine 200mgshelps in a similar way to Melatonin.

HannaMum... Hugsssssssssssssssssss

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, what's a matter with that snow? It should be stopping by now!

NerysMom, Jim takes 10mg melatonin and it works great. I bet the pups are really growing!

Hi Pippi! hope all is well there.

xoxo  <3

Morning all

Mom has decided retirement is more stressful then she thought it would be.   Seems that on dad's retirement date the health insurance did not transfer back automatically.  Mom spent all afternoon yesterday and most of this morning sorting that out... Good dawg.   

Mom has used the melatonin but Dad won't take even that.   Though mom says his sleeping issues should get better once all this retirement crap and landlord crap and insurance crap is taken care of LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom, sounds like lots of cwap going on over there! I know all about health insurance problems. I am trying to help my son with his claims for a 5-day stay at the hospital and I'm about to lose my mind. 

Hi Pippi, NerysMom

xoxo  <3

Good morning all

We finally got the health insurance sorted... OMD according to them it should have been automatic, but the person doing it did not know what they were doing    Anyway mom will not have to worry about it again til she turns 65.    Now only a dozen more things go get sorted out LOL 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sheesh, sounds like everyone is dealing with a lot of crap.  We're drowning in crap at our house.  Plumbing STILL not done.  Sigh.  They will be out again Tuesday.  This would be further along if mom could let them work Mondays and Wednesdays.  Anyway, we are afraid to hope they are done Tuesday, but they are getting closer.  If they would all communicate better among their different departments (and with the customer) that would help a lot.  Mom is starting to think communication is a lost art.  
    . . . .
    20 inches of snow?!! And more coming?!!  Yikes.  Sure hope you get a break soon.  
    . . . .
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend and at least a little break from all the crap.  

Morning all
    Pippi you are so right.  People no longer know how to communicate. Either they text back and forth or they yell at each other.   If people would actually go back to talking to each other we might not have all the issues that we have now, but so many want to text or send emails or simply post things on the darkside.   

Mom says she hopes the plumbing is done soon.   Her and Dad are working on some more retirement issues today.   A dozen emails sent to the person who is supposed be working on it but they don't seem to know what is going on and we can't get a phone number to call them (*sigh*)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Hi all

SlinkySandyMom,  it's amazing how many incompetent people there are out there. I'm glad to hear you got the health insurance sorted out. I'm still working on it....trying to figure out which doctors belong to which group so we can get a check to them...but  BCBS has to send us a check first so we can send it to them. ugh! I have found that using the "chat" feature works pretty good. I have used that several times when the wait for a real person was hours. Usually got an answer pretty quickly.

Pippi,  why not work Monday or Wednesday? Hope they get it done soon. I know this must be so frustrating. Good luck!

xoxo  <3

@HannaBelle mom helps care for her uncle, who is a cancer patient.  Lately he sees the cancer doctor every Monday, and a wound care specialist every Wednesday.  He's in a wheel chair right now and mom's aunt wouldn't be able to get the wheelchair in and out of the car to take him in mom's place.  Mondays can be anything from half the day to all day depending on lab results and what they do, if he has to have blood, etc.  Wednesdays - those appointments seems to take at least 3 hours, plus time picking up and dropping off uncle, and it has been difficult to get an early morning appointment.  The plumbers don't seem to want to work a half day - for example Wednesday afternoon.  That's why those days are out.  Wish they weren't so we could have been done already.  Paws crossed that they can finish up Tuesday, but afraid to hold our breath.  hehe.  
    . . . .
    Hope you and @Sandy_Kramer_etc can both get all your health ins and retirement issues sorted.  I know both of those can be so frustrating.  
    . . . 
    Just a quick FYI - we've been using grandma's laptop because the screen decided not to work on ours about the time we had to come to grandma's house.  We're hoping we can use our laptop with a monitor once we get home, but don't know yet.  We still can't get to our desk and monitor at the moment.  Anyway, we don't want to buy a new one if we can get the old one to work.  And grandma and her laptop are heading out of town tomorrow.  We have a tablet, but find it harder to type and do much on it.  So we may be scarce for a short while.  If we're lucky we will be back home this week (if not mom may go doolally) and we can get to our desk and be back online.

edited March 19
    Seems like we are all in desperate need of some peace and hugssssssss

I feel like I am truly losing it here also. Just so much every day and its relentless. I feel as if I am failing at every damned thing.

Thinking of you all.... sending all the love I can

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

I think we could all use some cake.  Tee hee hee 

. . . 
    Big hugs for everyone.  (((HUG)))  Hope things will slow down and settle down for all of us.