Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

How do I get rid of my dog's extremely treatment resistant flea problem?!?

We've tried Advantage, Frontline, vacuuming constantly, washing everything, sprays, carpet powder, etc. and nothing ever seems to actually work. The flea shampoos do kill them, but then he goes back outside again and we're back at square one. He doesn't ever have a massive infestation on him at any one time, but there are always between 5-15 and they seem to be immune to all of the anti-pest treatments out there. We'll give him a flea bath to kill them off and then apply advantage, etc. several hours later in the evening after he's dry. The next morning we'll let him out for 10-20 minutes to do his business and when he comes back in, they have made him their home again and they show absolutely no signs that the treatments even bother them! They don't die, they don't jump off, they just carry on as if we hadn't applied any anti-pest treatments at all. The more he goes out, the worse it gets. Do I treat my yard? If so, how? I'm at a loss. We have mutant fleas! Help us! Thanks!

Comments

• BarkingSTBarkingST Posts: 10Member
    I prefer natural remedies while facing the flea infestation. One can use peppermint, basil, wormwood, tansy, garlic, pinewood sawdust. Citrus and herbal sprays are good flea repellents too. Read this article to read how to prevent the appearance of fleas in your house and yard. Hope it will come in handy.