Moving out! What happens to dog?

jessjess Posts: 2Member
I'm moving out of home soon and I'm stressing about my pup. He is like my child and I love him dearly, here is the dilemma: I'm going to study about 6 hours away from home,my family has 2 other dogs excluding him. I could potentially bring him with me, but my mom is saying that it is unfair on him. If I take him with,we will be renting on a farm and he will have two other dogs to play with. Plus he is like my child and I chose him out from the Shelter, trained him up,he sleeps in my bed and he is essentially my baby. My mom argues that it would be unfair to him because he would be taken out of his familiarity,and the rest of the family and out other two dogs. Since it is impossible for me to answer this unbiasedly, I was hoping for some answers from you guys!
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    II depends if he is more attached to you or the other dogs.   We were a military family and moved often from one place to another.   Our dogs did not care where they were as long as they were with us.  On the other paw if you pup is really bonded with the other dogs in your family then it could be stressful for him to be away from them.  Is he attached to your mom as well.   You just need to decide who in the family he is attached to the most and make sure he remains with that person or dog.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born