New 7 Week Old Puppy. Help

Hey! Getting ready to bring home my brand new (7 week old) chihuahua puppy next week & ive been watching nothing but training videos for hours a day. However, I’m still a little confused on what i should do the first week of bringing him home.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,633Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Bringing him home, puppy proof your home.   make sure there is nothing down low that he can chew on that will hurt him.  Including, but not limited to electrical cords.    Then decide where you want his bed/beds to be.   Also where is food and water will be.

When you get him home show him where everything is and then set a schedule... you will need to decide feeding times and potty times which should be quite frequent with a young puppy.   If you plan to be gone long hours you will need to paper train him as well so that he will know where to go if he can't get outside

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born