Had to put my pet to sleep this week.

nohasslesnohassles Posts: 3Member
I joined this group because I did a Google Search on the fact that I miss my pet and Dogster had some articles. I wanted to reply to some posts but I wasn't a member so I joined. I dispensed with the details because I now feel what's the point.

I had to put my best friend Hershey down this week. I am suffering extreme grief that I didn't do more. More tests, more remedies. He was 16 years and 8 months. He hasn't walked in 8 months. I carried him everywhere to have him do his business. I cleaned him constantly. Just last weekend he stopped eating and could not keep anything down. He couldn't keep his head up.  I thought it it was the right time to say goodbye but now I am so sad. 

I mainly miss him the most. I wish this grief would pass.

steve
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,918Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(
    We are so very sorry... Our family's husky passed a few days ago... Pets are family and in many cases just like out kids.   It will take time for you to stop grieving but it will happen.   Sounds like you did everything you could to give him a long and happy life.   Many Many hugs to you 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• nohasslesnohassles Posts: 3Member
    Thank you Sandy Kramer. I do feel a little better. I still miss him but at least I am not distraught. I visited a shelter today where I used to volunteer before Hershey stopped walking on his own. Although I am going to wait until I retire before I adopt another dog I am considering volunteering again.
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,918Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a wonderful idea.   We have already retired so we adopted a lab mix who needed a home.   Our husky would have loved her,

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page