Euthanasia

Nancy LathamNancy Latham WarehamPosts: 5Member ✭✭
my 12 yr old Pom has collapsing trachea, heart diseae, Cushing disease, he coughs all the time and no cough meds or sedatives work, anybody out there who has had to put their dog down
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a really hard decision.   I have been lucky and never had to make that choice,   Many (*hugs*).   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Nancy LathamNancy Latham WarehamPosts: 5Member ✭✭
    Thank you so much Sandy
  • DinkyDinky Posts: 1Member

Hello , I Feel your Anxiety and worry, I have just Been through it, My Beautiful '' Deano '' German Shepherd was 14, September this year he started dragging his back legs , we took him to the Vets  where they told us that it was Arthritus , Degenarative spine Displassure , ?? something like that, ...  put him on Anti inflamatries . It Eased him and he seemed to respond well , we would go for short walks , he wasn't in pain, Last Sunday , 04/11/18 , He had his Sunday Roast, as he always did, but he led down to eat it , he came into the living room with me after, put his head on my knee , to say thank you , as he always did , But he didn't come up on the Settee for a cuddle as he usually does.he just lead on the floor, As usual I called them to go for a walk , He looked at me , and couldn't get up. I Tried to help him , It was no use , I called the children and got the family together, Called the vets, 10.30pm, Got him there straight away , I could not have my beautiful boy suffering . We arrived at the vets , She done more tests, but I Knew in my heart , That '' It's Time To Say Good Bye '' the vet inserted an I.V. gave him something to relax him , and left the room for 10 minutes, which gave Deano to feel numb and restful , and the children to say their good bye's , I led with him , and gave him my jumper to rest his head on , the vet returned, She gave him the final injection, I sank my head into his soft , fluffy fur by his neck , and took a deep breath, and smelt him for the last time , We saw him the day he was born , and were with him when he took his last breath, He did not suffer ,and passed away peacefully,

But for us  It is horrible, I know it's only been 4 days.  I Miss him so much,

If your Pom Is suffering in pain or discomfort in any way, and the Vets cant control it , as hard as it is.

It may be ''Time to say good bye''

I Feel your Pain, Best wishes .

Dave,

P.S.  I wrote a memorial for DEANO on a site called Rainbow Bridge,

that may help.