Hi! Medical question, please help!?

Lori WardLori Ward SarasotaPosts: 15Member ✭✭
Hopefully someone can help, offer advice or has seen this before. As everyone knows vet Bill's are expensive so I thought I'd reach out here first. My sweet girl, Katie, started limping last night. At first it was barely noticeable but quickly escalated. When I started looked at the leg that is bothering her, there is a small lump there that I didn't notice till she started limping. It's on her ankle,  before I take her to the vet and they charge me big $$ to tell me she just twisted her ankle??

Lori and Katie in Sarasota, Florida

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,794Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it hurt when you touch it.   can she put any weight on it at all.   Is the lump hard or soft.    You could try putting ice to see if the lump gets smaller... The if it does keep then use it every couple hours til the lump is gone.   After that use heat to relax the muscles.    If the lump is really hard or she can't put any weight or if it really seems to hurt then the vet is really your only option 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born