Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Miniature Pinscher psychiatric service dog?

I use a miniature pinscher as a service dog for bipolar disorder and social anxiety. When I'm overwhelmed in a crowd he guides me. He also alerts me to things that might startle me or over whelm me. He licks my hand when I am nervous and sleeps in my lap when I am calm. Truly a good service dog for being 12lbs! Does anyone else use a min pin or small dog as a PSD?

Best Answers

• Linda DeVollLinda DeVoll Posts: 2Member
    Accepted Answer
    Although I don't use my little Min Pin Windy as a service dog for me, she is a registered Therapy Dog and helps calm patients at the hospital. She seems to sense when someone needs her and will pull me into a room to see that patient, she has them smiling before she leaves. They are wonderful dogs aren't they!
  • J KJ K Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    What was the process for making your minpin a therapy dog? I have a wonderful 13 month old minpin and would like to do the same for my anxiety.
  • caroline francoeurcaroline francoeur Posts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, I have the same thing as you. It is impossible to describe how happy I was when I found your post. My min pin is 8 months old and my dearest wish is to have her as my psd. Would it bother you to correspond? My email is [email protected] .My name is Caroline.
  • bre grrbre grr würzburgPosts: 9Member
    Accepted Answer
    hi, my name is bre and i have a pomyorkie mix im training to be my service dog. i have major depression and i do have a little bit of anger issues. im wondering if you could help me how you trained your min pin to be a service dog. my dog roxy already did adult 1 and 2 n good citizens classes all we have to do is the good citizens test then off to 6 months of public access training. but i do need to train some more before i take the test i got to work on sepreation and her barking. the seperation is really bad she hates it when we r in a public place and someone else holds her and i walk away she throws a fit and barks and everything and tries to get to me. do you think you can help me with that if you can email me at [email protected] anyone if you can help also plz email too. thank you

Comments

• tazebeartazebear Posts: 3Member
    I to have a Min Pin Service dog she save my life. She helps me with anxiety Helps me get through crowded or combined spaces reminds me if I need meds and gets me out of the house. She is very chilled and not excitable like some min pins. 
  • sbreeannesbreeanne Posts: 2Member
    Where did you get your min pin service dog trained ? Ive gotten my dog to complete a few tasks but would like him to get more and Ben properly trained. Please help! Email is [email protected]